Daleville offers students some of the best public education in the state of Alabama. Consisting of Daleville High School (7th grade - 12 grade) and Windham Elementary (K-6th grade), the Daleville City Schools System has been awarded Schoolmatch's “What Parents Want Award” for the 19th consecutive year. Only sixteen percent of the nation's 15,571 public school districts have been recognized for meeting the needs of parents choosing schools. Schoolmatch bases this award on the following factors which families look for in schools:
- · Competitive in academic test scores and academically solid, but not so rigorous as to intimidate their children
- · Accredited
- · Recognized for excellence by a national foundation or by the U.S. Department of Education
- · Competitive in teacher salaries
- · Above average in instructional expenditures on a national percentile basis
- · Above average in expenditures for library/media services on a national percentile basis
- · Known for small class size
Daleville City Schools is also a member of the Military Child Education Coalition. Daleville has one of the top "Student 2 Student" (S2S) programs in the country, ranking in the top four out of 164 S2S programs globally. The S2S program provides:
· Immediate peer credibility
· Positive peer relationships
· Valued information about the school and community
The student bodies of Windham Elementary and Daleville high are diverse and well traveled. Many students are dependents of military and civilian personnel assigned to the United States Army Aviation Center at Ft. Rucker. Students from Daleville have lived all over the world, creating a unique cosmopolitan experience in rural Southeast Alabama.
Daleville High School's graduation rate ranks in the top ten out of 470 public high schools in Alabama while Windham Elementary School has earned three national awards as a Renaissance learning "Model School". The school's 6th graders have also been recognized for being 99 percent proficient in reading, according to recent testing results.
Learn more about Daleville City Schools here.